スポンサーリンク

[Dog and cat breeding: troubles and solutions] Accidental ingestion

Pet

Accidental ingestion by infants in puppies, kittens, and even humans. Accidentally ingesting a foreign object that is not meant to be eaten can lead to going to a veterinary hospital for surgery, so it is very important to take precautions in advance. In the worst case, this can lead to death. Owners are required to make efforts to prevent danger from occurring.

スポンサーリンク
Offer Valid Till Stock Lasts! Shop Now to Avail 3 Months Free Supply of Simparica Chewables for Dogs + 10% Extra Discount & Free Shipping on All Orders!
Just Right Pet Food

Symptoms of accidental ingestion

Cats and dogs behave like this after accidentally swallowing something: If your previously healthy pet suddenly shows any of the symptoms below, or if you think something is wrong even if there are no obvious symptoms, go to a veterinary hospital.

  • vomiting
  • no appetite
  • open and close mouth
  • It seems difficult to breathe

Items that can be swallowed by mistake

Things that pets are likely to ingest by mistake include: Remove any of the following from your pet’s room: Pets are likely to be at risk.

  • string
  • pet sheets
  • sponge small toys
  • hair rubber
  • Tissue paper
  • small ornaments
  • needle
  • thread
  • ice pack

poisoning

Accidental ingestion of the following can result in death for dogs and cats. Take him to the hospital, as there is an extremely high chance that he will be physically harmed without dying.

  • Insecticide
  • pharmaceuticals for humans
  • herbicide plant
  • Pain reliever/antipyretic
  • For cats (leeks, chocolate, lilies, coolants, onions, avocados)
  • For dogs (chocolate, caffeine, xylitol, coffee, avocado, raisins, nuts)

preventive measures

If your pet accidentally ingests it, there is a high probability that you will go to the hospital and have surgery. So what can we do to prevent it in advance? Don’t put dangerous things in your pet’s room that could be swallowed by mistake. And please create an environment where accidental ingestion does not occur by placing toys that are as large as possible.

big toy

Some cat and dog toys are very small and can be accidentally swallowed. Please make the toy as big as possible. Toys that are decorated with small parts are absolutely NG. The polyester material is also strong, so there is no need to worry about accidental ingestion if it is a certain size, such as a cat toy or a stuffed toy.

Pet Toy

Do not store toxic foods

As mentioned above, dogs and cats each have highly toxic foods. Eating them has a high chance of causing kidney failure and death. It is the owner’s duty to ensure that they are never fed.

do not put pesticides

As I mentioned above, pesticides, herbicides, and even pharmaceuticals are harmful to animals. In particular, pesticides are harmful to humans, so please think carefully about how to store them. Put it in a drawer or cupboard and use Velcro to prevent it from opening easily.

コメント

タイトルとURLをコピーしました